Beginning Xcode

Welcome to Beginning Xcode, the book that aims to give you all of the knowledge to start writing applications using what is probably the most powerful integrated development environment (IDE) ever, and it’s free.
As with many Apple products, Xcode has simplicity and ease of use in abundance, but don’t be fooled; the shiny exterior masks a workhorse of a tool, incredibly powerful with an extensive set of integrated tools for every eventuality. Xcode is the development environment that all other IDEs have a poster of pinned to their bedroom walls. Xcode hasn’t always been this shining Rock God of awesomeness; it used to be a sorry band of ragtag applications. When I first picked up Xcode 3 in 2007, I remember going through a multitude of different applications to perform varying tasks, such as the very basic Interface Builder, and finding out how to adapt my knowledge of C into Objective-C. Back then what I really wanted was something that showed me how to get the most out of Xcode and give me the understanding I needed to get going with the hundreds of app ideas I had in my head. Fast forward six years and both myself and Xcode have come a long way. I feel as if I’ve gone from a kid, bumping my leaky paddle boat aimlessly around a boating lake, to a handsome sea captain at the prow of my vessel, gazing forth as I slice through choppy waves with grace and ease. Well, aside from the handsome part, the analogy is a good one. Xcode 5 is now a complete, integrated product that puts the same power in your hands as the developers at Apple who write the apps found in iOS and Mac OS X. Throughout this book I aim to guide you through every facet of Xcode, helping you to understand the capabilities of each of the key areas as you build a number of cool and exciting projects along the way. By the end of the book, you should be ready to turn the ideas in your head into reality, and I can’t wait to see what that looks like.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire